After a professional steam cleaning of your carpets by the Daisy crew the carpet will generally take less than a day to dry completely. Upholstery dries even faster and usually takes just a few hours to completely dry. Some factors that play into this include:
- If it is hot and humid or damp and dreary the carpet will take slightly longer to dry, though the difference should not be alarmingly significant. This may tack on a couple extra hours of dry time.
- In opposition to the above scenario, a cool day with dry air as seen often in our Minnesota winters, or a nice breezy summer day where you are able to open up the house will decrease the dry time of your carpet by a few hours.
- Air movement/circulation
- This is the most significant factor in drying your freshly cleaned carpet. Obviously, opening up windows on a beautiful day will help to dry your carpets, but this is not always an option with the, sometimes testy, Minnesota weather conditions so here are some other options:
- Your home furnace fan- On your thermostat your furnace fan is often set to Auto, so that it only runs when your furnace is either heating or cooling your home. If you switch your furnace fan to ON after you have your carpet cleaned this will cause your furnace fan to continuously circulate the air in your home allowing your carpets to dry more quickly. Note that this will not cause your heat or A/C to run continuously only the fan itself.
- Ceiling fans- In rooms with ceiling fans, leaving the fan on will help significantly to dry your clean carpet. Setting up other fans, such as box fans will also help, but is certainly not necessary.
- Keeping doors open- If there are doors on the areas which you have had cleaned (bedrooms or especially basements/steps) leaving them open allows air to flow naturally through your house, and allows the carpet to dry more efficiently.
- The fiber type/makeup of your carpet
- This can play some role in how fast your carpets will dry. Some difference may be seen between Berber or other types of loop carpets and plush, or cut pile carpet. Berber and other types of loop carpeting may take slightly longer to dry than cut pile carpets. This is because moisture is released out of the tops of the carpet fibers having cut pile carpeting may allow it to do so more easily. The makeup of the carpet fiber itself can also influence dry time nylon fibers for example may absorb 150 times more water than polypropylene which can have some effect on dry time, though,with modern cleaning equipment this difference is not hugely significant, we’re probably talking minutes not hours worth of difference.
It is important to remember if you have moved any small furniture out of the room before the crew cleaned, the carpet needs to dry completely before you place your furniture back in the room. Any furniture which the crew moves within the room they will place protectors under the legs or edges of the piece to prevent wood stain from bleeding or metal rusting onto your clean carpet. Your Daisy crew will be more than happy to leave you additional protectors for items you have moved if you would like to place them back in the room before the recommended 24 hours has passed. With Daisy’s high powered truck mounted extraction system getting your carpet to dry will not be a problem. To schedule your carpet cleaning job with us today give us a call, or visit our online contact form and we will email you a response as soon as possible. Remember with same day availability clean carpet is only a phone call away.